0
 Independence Day Wallpaper

Freedom is our birthright,” said Bal Gangadhar Tilak, the great freedom fighter of our country. 15 August 1947 is a significant day in history of India and in our lives as well. It is the day when India attained its freedom from days of serving Britishers for more than 200 years.
Legends like Mahatma Gandhi, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, Lala Lajpat Rai, Bhagat singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad fought against Britishers for freedom and gave their lives for India. Independence Day is celebrated every year with great enthusiasm by Indian embassies all over the world.
I am proud of the fact that I was born in INDIA and I dream of the day when it will become a great country. People often look down upon dreamers as given to useless fantasies. But foundations of most of the achievements are often laid down in dreams. There would have been no aeroplanes, if someone had not dreamt of flying like birds. No free India, Tajmahal, no Paradise lost. These are immortal works of mortal dreamer. I admit that I am an incorrigible dreamer, large part of my dreams are related to my native land, my own India. I feel blessed that I am born to this land and that I have the privilege to love her.
When India became free in 1947, we inherited from Britishers an exploited economy. Raw materials were being transported to England and India was being used as a profitable market for finished products.  A question that often crosses my mind on 15 august that – Are we Progressing? Looking at the present scenario- clearly not !! Still, we are in no position to compete with advanced nations like Japan, U.S.A, and France. We shall have to launch a more ambitious programme of scientific and technological development. The speed at which we are progressing is not fast enough to bring us abreast of other nations.
Concluding all of it- I would like to share my dream- I dream of an India in which all her citizens will be men and women  of moral values and will be ever ready to emulate the ideals of the Buddha, Kabir, Nanak, Gandhi.
I dream of an India with cleaner political atmosphere. Gandhi ji has already taught us how to move forward and deal with zeal to truth and politics. The day political leaders realize that power should be used for the welfare of common people and not as an opportunity to fill their own desires, they will acquire political integrity. If our political leaders cultivate noble virtues, they will be able to lead the country to unparalleled heights of glory and greatness.
There is no Hindu India, no Muslim India. There is no punjabi India or Tamil India. There is no upper caste India or lower caste India. There is just one India, our country, which we all want to become a better place. We want a nation that is rich in economy, respected and has a good place in the world.
In India, we have problems of huge dimensions and there are hardly any solutions, but we cannot leave our fate to providence. We should work towards it in team spirit. Our plans may be frustrated in the beginning but they will be crowned with success if we pursue them with singleness of purpose, sincerity and devotion.
Now I would like to wind up my speech with a line said by our great leader, .
Wish you a very Happy Independence Day.
Jai Hind!

Post a Comment

 
Top